You have no items in your shopping cart.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does it say adult gown when I am ordering for my 5th grader?
Every grade above kindergarten is considered adult.
2. Can your white gowns be used for baptism and confirmation?
Yes, however light colored clothing should be worn underneath.
3. Where should the gown fall?
The gown should come midway down your calf.
4. What is the difference between Shiny and Matte gowns?
The difference is in the finish of the polyester, both are 100% poly however the matte is a woven fabric with a dull finish and the shiny is a knitted fabric which has a definite sheen to it.
5. When are you supposed to use a matte gown?
Matte Gowns are most commonly used for high schools, trade schools, technical schools and associates degree candidates.
6. How should I care for my gown?
You may steam clean the wrinkles from your gown and hang it to keep it wrinkle free for your ceremony. Do Not dry clean.
7. What is the difference between a Bachelors and Matte Gown?
The Deluxe Bachelors Gown fabric is a higher quality and the yolk is surrounded by double width dense pleating. The fabric of the other two gowns is the same as their Adult counterpart, however there is pleating surrounding the yolk on bachelors gowns of all types.
8. What distinguishes a Masters gown?
The masters gown is a deluxe satin finish polyester fabric. The sleeves on a masters gown have extensions that hang off the fitted arms of the gown setting it apart from all the other gowns. The deluxe gown offers double width fluted pleating surrounding the yolk.
9. Can you change the color of the velvet on PHD gowns?
The velvet color can be customized.
10. What are your recycled gowns made of?
Our recycled gowns are made of Repreve fabric consisting of plastic bottles and recycled polyester. This fabric has a matte finish and smooth feel.
1. What should I do if my cap doesn't fit?
You can bobby pin the hat in place to keep it from sliding. If it is much too small you can cut a slit and bobby pin it in place.
2. Who should wear a 4 sided tam and who should wear an 8 sided tam?
Traditionally the 4 sided tam is for a masters degree recipient and an 8 sided tam is for a PHD, however this is up to the discretion of the individual and the school.
3. Is there a tassel on a tam and can you remove it?
Tams have an attached gold bullion tassel attached from the button on the top of the tam.
1. What do the colors mean?
The velvet color represents your degree and can be determined using our color chart available on the website. The chevron and lining represent your school colors and you should consult the school you are graduating from for this information.
2. If you have more than one degree which hood should you choose?
You should always wear the hood of the highest degree you hold.
3. How do you attach your hood to the gown?
Using the button on your hood you should attach it to the loop on the back of your gown.
4. What is the difference in materials between the different hoods?
The Bachelors hood is the smallest and the shell is made of shiny polyester. The Masters hood is larger than a BA hood and the shell is made of matte fabric. The Doctoral hood is the longest hood and has a wide U shaped design. The shell of a doctorate hood is made of deluxe fabric and has piping along the lining.
1. What side of the cap do you wear your tassel on?
At the beginning of the ceremony the tassel is worn on the right side of the cap and at the finish of the ceremony it is moved to the left side.
2. Can you remove the signet?
The signet can be remove and changed easily.
3. What is the difference between an intertwined cord and a double cord?
A cord is made of poly rayon twisted strands with a tassel on the end. The intertwined cords are made up of different color strands twisted together while the double cord is two separate cords in any color tied together by a knot in the middle.
4. What is the orientation of the diploma covers?
The stock diploma covers are top fold and this can be changed for custom orders.
5. What is the insert made of and what does it do?
The insert is acetate and is used as a cover to protect your diploma.
6. Can the moiré color be changed?
Yes it can however this would be a custom order.
1. What information must I have when returning my item?
* Your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number written on the outside of the box.
* A copy of your original invoice if available with the RMA number (inside of box).
* A note with all of your contact information stating if you would like a return for credit or replacement.
2. How do I obtain an RMA number?
For all returns, we must be notified within 14 days of receipt at 914-934-5991 or 800-352-6162. These items are made for a special event and must be returned exactly as our policy explains. Do not delay.
3. Where should I send my RMA to?
RMA # ___ c/o GraduationSource
3016 West Georgia Street
Louisiana, MO 63353
4. How long does it take for my return to be processed?
Please allow 6-8 weeks for your return to be processed.
5. Is there a restocking fee?
A 15% restocking fee applies to all returned merchandise.
However, a 50% restocking fee applies to cancellations and/or returns on custom products. Please consult our Return Policy for more information.
6. How long do I have to return my item(s)?
Item(s) must be received within 7 business days of the date issued of your RMA number. A delay will result in complete forfeiture of your return
7. Can I return custom regalia?
All custom products cannot be exchanged. This is defined as any item that lists a shipping time of 4 to 6 weeks on our website from the time your order is placed. Any cancellations and/or returns on custom products must be sent with prepaid freight and are subject to a 50% restocking fee. Please consult our Return Policy for more information.
8. How should I contact you regarding any questions?
If you have any questions, Please contact our Customer Service Department @
914-934-5991 or 800-352-6162
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.